Friday, March 18, 2016

DIY: Gallery Wall


One of the best parts of having a room/office is making it your own. I mean, who wants to sit at their computer all day with nothing fun to look at? Not me! By "fun," I mean decorations, paintings, bulletin boards, and pictures on the wall. 

A fun way to decorate your room or office is by making a gallery wall. A gallery wall is basically a set of small pictures or quotes of your choice in frames, and hung up on a wall. I have been working on the gallery wall in my room for quite a while now, and I love adding to it every now and then and watching it develop. 
If you want to start your own gallery wall, but are not sure how to do so, just keep on reading! 
Tip #1:
My first tip on creating your own gallery wall is sticking to a color scheme. Is it pinks and golds? or blues and yellows? By picking a color scheme, it will make every part of your gallery wall tie together even more.
Tip #2: 
Add some quotes. Don't get me wrong, pictures are great to look at but quotes will make your gallery wall all the more meaningful. So put them up! Some of the quotes I have on my gallery wall are "she believed she could so she did," and "Life's a party, dress like it."
Tip #3:
Put up some illustrated maps on your wall. I love traveling, so I put some maps of New York City, Paris and London (three of my favorite places) on my wall. I found mine on Pinterest, but I'm sure there are some great ones on google images too!

Tip #4: 
Make it your own! The best part about making a gallery wall is making it yours, so be creative, think outside the box, and make it resemble you and everything you love!

Details: 
I have found a lot of the components to my gallery wall on Pinterest, but I have also found a lot from various art markets I have been to in the past! On Pinterest, my favorite gallery wall artist is definitely Evelyn Henson.

No comments:

Post a Comment