Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fall Staples

        Sadly, Summer, the season of lemonade and poolside parties, is coming to a close. But, that's okay because Fall is right around the corner! The season of pumpkins, apple-picking, crisp air, thanksgiving, and the most important part,THE FASHION! Fall has to be my favorite season because of the clothes there are to wear, from vests to riding boots!
During the beginning of every season, I have a list of five staples to wear during that season. Here are my Top Five staples for Fall: 







 The first staple of mine is a J. Crew puffer vest, or any puffer vest in general. You can also find ones like the one shown above for less at Old Navy and Gap! I think these vests are great for the early season of Fall, when it is too chilly to wear a sleeveless cover up but still too warm for a heavy winter jacket! Another thing I love about these vests is that they are so versatile! I like to wear mine with an oxford shirt under it or over a sweater with skinny jeans and riding boots. You can wear them any way you want!


    The Second staple of mine are Riding boots! I love love love riding boots, especially for the fall! These beauties shown above are by Tory Burch. Although if you're not looking to splurge on a new pair of boots, you can definitely find ones just like these for less from Aerosoles ,Zappos, and almost any department store! I love my new pair from Lord and Taylor and I cannot wait to start wearing them!


 The third staple of mine are of course....the oxford button downs! I talk about these on my blog all of the time, mostly because they are so classy and there so many different ways to wear them. You can wear them under a solid sweater with the collar poking out for a little pop, under a puffer vest on those chilly fall days, or tucked into skinny jeans with a statement necklace for a more casual yet put together look! These again are so versatile yet very classic. I'll tell you this: If you walk into work/school on the first day this season, you will definitely make a good, long lasting impression on your boss/teacher. I guarantee you they will think, "mature, put together and classic." 


 The fourth staple is a traditional and again classic, Black Pea Coat. These will never go out of style, at least not in my book. The are perfect for a chilly day of shopping, going to lunch with friends, or even a walk in the park! You can wear them so many different ways. With leggings, skinny jeans, heels, boots, or flats! (I especially love how the model in the photo above added a white beanie to her outfit, so cute!) You can find these at almost any store this season; I recommend Old Navy and Gap for the best deals. 


  The final staple is a Patagonia Fleece. Now believe me, I know these might not be everyone's style, but they are so great for the late fall weather! When it is still too warm for a heavy jacket but too chilly for a puffer vest. I can see these being worn most in the late October and early-mid November. These can be worn also many different ways. I especially love when people wear them with leggings, duck boots, and a pair of freshwater pearl earrings. It is a casual look for those lazy days but the classic pearls definitely dress it up! I can't wait to start wearing my black Patagonia Fleece this year. I keep asking myself.....Is it Fall yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment