Tuesday, August 12, 2014

How I style Oxfords, and No, Not the Shoes.

              The common mistake with the word, "Oxford," people automatically think the shoe! Although when I hear it, I automatically think of the classic button downs. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but when I first started wearing them, I didn't know how to style them. That's why I'm here to help you!
               The first way I love wearing them is just plain and simple, buttoned almost all the way to the top, but one or two unbuttoned to make the look a bit more relaxed and casual, you don't want to seem like you're trying to hard. I often like to wear them with J. Crew Chino shirts and Sperrys. A great way to transition this look for Fall is to switch out the chinos for leggings and Sperrys for a pair of duck boots or riding boots. I also love to accessorize with a statement necklace OR a chunky gold watch (notice how I said OR, you don't want to over do it with a statement necklace and a watch. Although, complimenting the watch with a small pearl necklace never hurt anyone.)
                The other way I love wearing oxfords in the Fall and Winter is under a cable knit sweater or a cardigan with the collar of the oxford poking out. I find that it really dresses up the look of the sweater. I usually pair this with a pair of leggings and riding boots or even white skinny jeans and Sperrys (if it's not to chilly where you live.) I also like to accessorize with a pair of pearl earrings and a statement necklace over the collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment