Friday, August 14, 2015

Tips for Organizing Your Agenda


Organizing Your Agenda
I use my agenda constantly while at school. It is always either open on my desk or right next to me in my backpack. When I was younger, I always used to use the agenda that the school provided. However, now that I'm older, that is just not going to cut it. This year, I'm going to be using a pink agenda by of my favorite shops, Day Designer.
I'm always writing down notes, homework, activities, and much more in my agenda. So, let me share some tips with you on how I organize it!

 

1. Actually USE your planner! Don't be one of those people who forgets to do their homework because they simply don't feel like writing it down. Write down any tests, quizzes, homework due, and upcoming assignments. If the bell rings before you get a chance to write it down, take a quick picture of the board (my teachers usually have the homework written there) and write it down in your planner after. 

2. COLOR CODE EVERYTHING! If you look into my planner, you will basically find a rainbow because I color code just about everything. I find that if I assign a different color pen to each class, it will help me notice it more rather than looking at plain black ink. (EX: Blue for APUSH, Pink for English, Green for Bio, Red for Spanish, and Purple for Geometry.) I also use different colors for when I write down my meetings, days working, and extra curriculars in the monthly overview.  

3. That brings me to my next tip, write in the monthly overview! It's not just there for decoration. I love the monthly overview and how it lays out the whole month for me in a neat and organized way. In the monthly overview, I write when I have meetings, events, birthdays, vacations/trips, test dates, days off from school, and much more. 

4. Use the notes pages. In the notes pages, I like to make lists, write down my teachers info (emails, phone numbers,) locker combination, and computer passwords. It's good to use as a quick reference when you need to email a teacher or log onto the computer. I also like to make my lists of goals on these pages. I always find it very inspiring and motivating to read. Here is a link to my post, New Semester, New Goals if you want to see some of my goals for the upcoming school year.

5. Use a paperclip or a sticky note to mark the week. I like to put a little paperclip on the top of my planner, on the page that begins whatever week it is. This way, it makes finding the day so much easier and saves you from having to flip through tons of pages. 

6.  Write in some inspiration and add your own touch. Not all planners have to be super cute-well at least to begin with. You can make them your own by drawing on them, putting some stickers or your monogram on them. Add your own flare! This way, it will make your planner fun to look at and and you wanting to use it more. Also, write in some inspirational quotes. I like to jot down some of my favorite quotes that I have found on Pinterest on random days, particularly on Mondays, and they always seem to brighten up the day for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment